Saturday, February 26, 2011

Disneyland Vacation!

This time it's official!  I am going to Disneyland this week!  In 2 days!  Everything is planned, so this time the vacation is definitely going to happen, unlike in the past when I've gotten so excited only to have plans fall through.  All the details have been worked out - Brittany will be picking me up at 5:00 AM on Monday morning, we've got our hotel booked, we've got our tickets to the park situated... everything is set!

One sad thing - for some reason I'm not as SUPER excited right now as I should be.  Maybe it's because I won't get to see Fantasmic! or the fireworks.  Maybe it's because Splash Mountain is under repair.  Maybe it's because my favorite Mad Hatter actor might not be there.  Maybe it's just because it's been too long since I've been there (6 months is a LONG time to be away from Disneyland) and I'm lacking in the magic.  The last reason is probably the most accurate.

It's just crazy.  I've been so excited for months.  Now it's around the corner and I'm not freaking out.  Am I finally growing up?  I definitely hope not.  I never want to let go of the magic!  I think I just haven't been psyching myself up like I should be.  I haven't been watching enough Disney movies, listening to enough Disney music, or watching the right YouTube videos.  I've been focusing too much on the Mad Hatter instead of more of the magic - like World of Color!

Sorry, this has probably been a rather unentertaining blog for you readers.  This post is more for my benefit.  More for my talking myself into becoming more excited.

If you do want a more entertaining read, don't forget to check out my other blog - When Life Gives You Lemons.  It's a great read... talks about some of the ups and downs of my life in Provo - obviously containing dating life, school, and other random-osities.  :) 

I love life.

2 comments:

  1. Why wouldn't you see Fantasmic!? It's still going on or just time wise might not be able to? I hope you have the bestest time ever!! I'm super jealous of you getting to go already I still have to wait 2 weeks!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't play it during the weeknights in the winter. I wish I could see it though! It's my FAVORITE thing about Disneyland!! And I'm also sad that I won't be able to see any fireworks... I'd even settle for "Magical" though it's nowhere NEAR as good as "Remember..."!!

    ReplyDelete