Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Over him! ... finally

Today had been going very splendidly.  I was very productive:  got my hair cut, took a test (doing pretty well), and ran some errands.  I didn't get everything done that I wanted to accomplish, but I am satisfied with what I did.  Then I decided to stop by Burger Supreme to grab a bite to eat since they were having a special.  After I walked in and ordered my food I heard someone call my name... it was George!  So after I picked up my food I sat at a table near his where he was sitting with a couple friends from our ward.  They all called me over to sit with them.  We sat and ate and talked about his friend's dating life with this girl from Germany.  During the conversation they asked for my opinion in the situation, to get a girl's perspective.  I responded that I wouldn't be the best girl to ask because I've been out of the dating game for a while.

After that conversation was winding down one of the guys (not George) asks why I'm not dating anyone.  I'm not sure whether or not I glanced at George... I definitely thought of him right away.  Then my thoughts suddenly turned to Scott.  Wow!  I wasn't really thinking about him before the question was asked, but suddenly I decided I would rather be in a relationship with him.  I'm really happy about that.

As the conversation went on, I eased up a bit around the guys... and I honestly think it's getting easier to get over George.  I feel like I could actually be a friend with him.  I feel like I can be less awkward around him as well.  This is good news.  :)  I love it when I can finally be over a guy.  I love that I've found a guy that I am more comfortable with too... Scott.  Just meaning, I can be more of myself around him because we were friends first.  That's why I can flirt with him more easily... we already have stuff to talk about.  We'll just see how things go from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment