Thursday, February 10, 2011

So-so to So Great!

This morning I woke up much too early.  I had to sit through 2 classes that seemed to drag on for hours.  I failed a test.  Surely today would not be the best day of my life.  Then something changed.  I said to myself "it's not about the experiences, it's about the attitude.  Cheer up!  Life is all about how you choose to see it."  So I did!

First I decided to look at some positives going on in my life:  I've got a healthy, normally-functioning body.  I can use my arms, legs, eyes, ears, and mind.  I've got no room to complain!  I failed a test, yes, but that doesn't mean it's the end of the world - just study harder and move on.  Some people were never blessed to have even a high school education, why should I complain?  I've got some money in the bank - some people don't have a penny to their name, so why should I complain about being so broke? 

Next I decided to remedy some of my sorrows; I went shopping.  I bought one shirt that I think looked absolutely great on me, and I'm saving it for my date in California with Tim.  (Did I mention the date before?)  Other than that I didn't spend much, but I found some great items that I'd like to pick up if they ever go on sale!

After my shopping trip I did some laundry - desperately needed!  Walking back to my apartment from the laundry room (no laundry in hand, thankfully) I ran into George. :)  Nothing amazing happened... but it was nice to see him and chat for just a second or two.  I thought that would be the highlight of the day, but I was definitely mistaken.

Tonight we had a ward girls' choice dinner date for Valentine's Day.  I took a guy that I've had a semi-crush on for a while - Scott.  We had a great time!  We talked and had so much fun playing the games the ward set up.  Then as the ward party was finishing up and everyone in the car I came with decided it was time to leave there was an announcement made for ward basketball after the party.  Scott and I talked about it just a little - I didn't have any desire to go to play basketball, in fact, I really don't like the sport.  But Scott said he'd probably go, and kind of hinted to me that he'd like to see me there (at least, that's how I took it).  So Charlee reminded me that I gave her permission last time to "twist my arm to get me to go".  So I had my excuse - I had to go!  In reality it was much more of a pleasure than a pain - I got to see some friends, and I'm going to be honest - I enjoyed playing!  Amazing.  I also really enjoyed the fact that I could sit in between games and watch Scott shoot hoops and occasionally catch him looking at me too.  I could be trying to make something out of this that really isn't there... but who knows!

Basically, today was one of the best days of my college life so far!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment