Monday, February 7, 2011

Elimination Round

This blog post refers heavily on one posted a few days ago, so if you haven't read that one and you get lost reading this one, it's your own fault.

Elimination #1

In my search for a summer job I've eliminated two of my options due to consequences I didn't want to face.  I will not be working at Honda World - I need more than one day of work.  I will not be working at Disneyland this summer - I'm going to wait until January to go back!

That's it for that elimination, but there's more to say.

Right now I'm feeling a strong pull towards working at Aspen Grove.  Maybe it's because I've had two great friends come from that and I've heard great things.  Maybe it's because I know I won't have to pay rent.  Maybe it's because I know it will force me to be outside more often.  Maybe it's because I'll still be in the same ward boundaries that I'm in right now and I absolutely love my ward!  Maybe it's because it's the work I'd be doing there - working with families to make happy memories - just like my favorite part about working at Disneyland!  But I think it's something much more.  More than I care to go into detail about at this time, but I feel like Aspen Grove is the right move to make at this time in my life.

Elimination #2

It's not official yet, but at the end of February I plan on quitting my current job.  There's just so much about it that I really don't like.  There are some people there that really annoy me.  I don't like my hours.  I think part of it is just the fact that after working at Disneyland working anywhere else is just a job.  It's not magical.  I would never visit Jamba when I'm not scheduled, but I would go to Disneyland everyday!  So yes, it's time to leave Jamba Juice.
Also, very importantly, leaving my job will give me more time to do other things - study, exercise, be social, all kinds of great things!  You know, a normal college life!

On a side note I am feeling so liberated!  After talking to George last night I feel like I can just be more of who I really am.  I feel like I'm not hiding any secrets now.  I can't really explain it... it's just... liberating!

On another side note... when I woke up this morning I noticed I had gotten a text from Tim in the middle of the night.  After reading it I was disgusted.  I decided I really don't want to go down any roads with him and I would just not respond and maybe just stop talking to him all together.  But later on today he texted other things that just made me want him again.  I'm a sucker for a good line (if it's sincere), and I just can't let him go. 

Love is a rollercoaster ride.  You start slowly and steadily going up, then you have major drops.  When you think you're at the lowest point you suddenly shoot right back to the top.  There are all kinds of twists and turns and you never really know what's up ahead, but you know it's going to be a mixture of thrills and spills, and that's what makes it exciting!  You really don't want to be at high points the entire time, that leaves no room for growth, and it would get kind of boring.  But you're on the ride together, and at the scariest moments, just hold on to each other and you can make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment