Monday, March 28, 2011

Just a good day :)

Yesterday was a near-perfect Sunday in Provo.  I went to church where we had Fast and Testimony meeting due to General Conference being the first week in April.  Yesterday was a perfect example of just how great my ward really is.  When Brother Allen turned the time over to the ward members to bear testimony immediately five or so people jumped up.  After the first speaker about five more got in line.  Overall there ended up being not enough time - so many people wanted to share their testimony of the Gospel that there just wasn't enough time!  You may think that it's due to being the last Fast Sunday of the school year and people wanted to end with a good note, but that's not the case.  That's how our ward has been every month since I've been here.  There are just so many people with such strong testimonies in the ward.  I love it.

After Sacrament meeting I went to Sunday school with my roommate to the class where my favorite teacher was teaching.  This guy really knows the material, and knows how to make it interesting and get the class involved in the discussions.  Not to mention, I definitely have a crush on him.  I thought I had let him go, but I guess I never really did.  I have learned better how to express myself though.  I can probably thank my roommate, Charlee, for that.  She doesn't just give me advice like other people in my life... she does something about it.  She gets me out of my shell.  She takes me to hang out with people I don't know... sometimes with people she doesn't really even know well.  These are people that don't know either of us, so they will talk to both of us.  That gets me talking.  That gives me confidence.

Lately I've used that confidence to talk to this attractive teacher.  He is also a Home Teacher to my other roommates.  He stopped by after church yesterday to just visit with them, but it wasn't a formal "lesson" so half of the apartment got involved in just... talking.  I actually talked to him.

When it finally came time for Ward Prayer.  I sat near and talked to this attractive teacher again. :)

After nice notes and treats Charlee had to leave kind of early due to other plans, so I left with her.  Then after she left to meet with her old friends I was basically home alone (Hillary was there, but not feeling well.)  After that I decided to go back over to nice notes to be social.  Guess who I ran into sitting alone outside? :)  So this attractive teacher and I talked for another minute or two.  That was probably the highlight of the day.

Then I went to watch Hercules at another friend's apartment where we all quoted pretty much the entire thing.

Overall, it was really just a good day.  Perfect.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're having fun Charity! You totally deserve it ;) You're one of the greatest grils I know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Char. You're so cute! Glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete