Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reminder: My life is NOT run by a mouse!

So after last night's 3-ish hours of watching youtube videos of Peter Pan, Alice, and the Mad Hatter in Disneyland I've come to the conclusion that... well... I've become addicted to Disney.  Particularly Disneyland, and the fact that I'm not living in California does not change it one bit.  I obsess over other people's enjoyment of the Resort and live vicariously through videos posted on youtube of different oddities and character-stalking through the park. 

This CAN'T go on.  Today, I make that change.  I will no longer constantly think, plan vacations to, watch videos, and talk about Disneyland.  For the next two weeks (until the end of semester finals, so maybe more like a week and a half) I am going on a Disney fast.

So far I have taken down all pictures and decorations Disney-related from my room and locked it all in a trunk under my bed.  I have changed the desktop background of my computer.  I have changed my profile picture on here, and facebook.  I walked out of a room where Disney music began playing (good job on that one!) and hurried to change my iPod from playing a Disney tune.  Today has been going well!

Here are some of the details of my fast:
No Disney music :(
No Disney channel (that I can live with... except Phineas and Ferb. ha!)
No Disney pictures online (if a friend posts them on facebook I must navigate away from the page)
No Disney youtube videos (AAAAHHHH!!!!)
No Disney movies (oh crap.)
No talking about Disney... not even one story about anything that happened to me at the Resort... even including work
No going into the Disney Store at the mall (NOOOO!!!!)

Nothing.  Nothing Disney-related.  This blog post is even cutting it close... but this is my last Disney-related ANYTHING for 2 (ok, maybe just 1 1/2) weeks!  I'll keep updating on how I'm doing!  Oh man!

And again... my life is NOT run by a mouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment