Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Break :)

This week I had the opportunity to go to Disneyland for a few days, getting home the day before Christmas Eve.  I declined the airfare, the discounted hotel, and chose to hold onto my free tickets to the park for a later time.  The entire trip would have cost around $150 (including food and perhaps a souvenir).  I realize I am a complete fool for not jumping at the opportunity.  I have been stuck at home for the past 2 days due to snow, and am even more upset with myself that I didn't go to enjoy the warmth of Southern California.  However, reading and rereading posts on Facebook from some old friends who work at the Resort, I realize I did make a good choice.  It's been raining like crazy in Anaheim!  Of course, that is a great time to go because there are practically no lines for any attraction...

But the rain is not the only good reason I decided to delay my trip.  I want to save up to go later in the year, perhaps taking my roommates with me (one in particular because she's never experienced the Magic).  I also realize that I want to go at a time when I'm absolutely SICK of the snow and cold.  Right now, I'm just getting excited for a White Christmas!

Which brings me to my next train of thought:  CHRISTMAS!  I am so excited that Christmas is almost here!  My favorite holiday. :)  Why?  Getting presents?  Certainly not.  (Christmas morning and opening gifts is always fun, but that's not what it's about.)  Giving?  Yes.  I love shopping and finding the perfect gift for friends, family members, and other loved ones.  I love shopping for others!  But that's not all.  Celebrating Christ's birth?  Of course!  That's the reason for the season.  I love going to Sacrament meeting for the Christmas program.  In fact, I love it so much, I went to 2.  (Unintentionally, but so worth it!)  One of my best guy friends played the piano in his single's ward (along with singing in the choir and another girl played the harp... so beautiful!)  Santa?  YES!  Love him.  The whole season?  That's the reason.  I love the upbeat attitude of everyone.  The songs on the radio, the cheesy movies on TV, the cheery attitude of passersby... yes there is stress and people going crazy looking for the right gifts, store clerks getting more and more frustrated, etc.  But that doesn't matter.  It's so small in comparison.  Christmas brings people together.  Family and friends.  I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment