Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lack of Disney, Lack of Love

Why am I on this stupid Disney fast?  Why on earth would I pick NOW to do it?  I've been extremely down in the dumps lately, and I have nothing to get me out of this terrible trap.  Finals are coming up and I am very unprepared, but do I study now that I have time away from Disney-relations?  No, of course not.  I just have more time to stress.  I'm skint-broke and now that I have more time do I use it to find a better job?  No.  I use it to drive around and waste gas, thus causing me to become even more broke. 

It's not that I CAN'T go without Disney (because I'm really fine, I'm not getting withdrawls or anything), it's just that I'm becoming a terribly cranky person because my normal way to cheer myself up is gone. (Ya, that does sound kind of like an addict, but I swear, that's not the way I mean it.)  Disney brings joy to everyone.  It doesn't really hurt anyone.

Don't worry, I'm not giving up on my fast, I'm just complaining.  I have nothing positive to focus on right now.  No Disney, no boyfriend, not even a date.  (Ya, ok, Christmas is coming up, but I'm broke, so really, what can I do to get into Christmas spirits?) 

That's the truth about this blog post.  It's not so much that I need Disney... I just need a guy.  Not neccessarily any specific guy, but I need a date.  It's killing me that I've not been asked out on a single date since... what... Jr. Prom?  Yep.  I have been asked out on a grand total of 2 dates in my LIFE.  Do you understand now why I'm a little bitter?

And I know this is getting selfish of me, but it's also getting to where I can't even stand listening to my roommates talk about their guy problems... or guy successes (? for want of a better word).  I can't be in the same room as them when they all get together and talk about this kind of stuff.  I usually lock myself in my room and try to sleep it off, or I go for a drive (no matter how late at night).  I wouldn't mind so much... if I had anything to contribute.  But I'm probably the last girl on earth you want to discuss your love life with.  What do you honestly think I can say? 

Can anyone explain to me why I can't get a date?  Why I can't get a guy to even ask me out?  Why I spend EVERY night home alone?  Is there something so objectionable about me?  Do I really distance myself that much from guys?  Lately I thought I had been making progress...  Obviously not enough progress.

Maybe it's my negative attitude which I've expressed in this blog.  Maybe that's all guys see in me.  Though I try to be upbeat and optimistic most of the time.  I'm generally quite a happy person... but right now all I see is negativity in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment